Carol-Ann’ s Past
Picture a blistering blue sky summer day in 1964. I’m sitting at the threshold of my parents’ pristine suburban home where a gorgeous stone pathway leads visitors to a row of manicured red geraniums. All seems in perfect order. Except…it’s not.
Six years old, I’m accompanied by my only friend in the world. Meet my cat – Muschi. More a lifeline than a feline, she was my faithful Persian savior through the thick and thin of a despondent childhood.
You see, I grew up as the only child of an alcoholic father and mentally ill mother during my formative years.
Although resulting pain shaped my early outlook, the 40’s thankfully saw release of self-limiting identification with my traumatic upbringing. Across that decade, I came to realize profound aloneness endured at my parents’ hands held as its central purpose the opportunity to use these insights to help millions around the globe confront and overcome their own disenfranchisement.
- While it’s true my parents battled illnesses, they perseveringly wrestled their challenges to the ground.
- While it’s true I felt hugely excluded growing up, I’ve always been a rightful part of the planet’s interconnected web and reclaim that truth.
- While it’s true my intellectual achievements once constituted my sole identity, my real worth derives from my best qualities and not what I “accomplish”.
- While it’s true I used to struggle with merciless quests for perfection, I’m no longer a flat-liner and choose instead to unleash my exuberant Essence.
My broader life mission places all into context.
Each harmful encounter was “necessary”.
The past has unquestionably shaped who I am today: a healing presence and pioneering catalyst for transformed human consciousness.
- If not for the intense isolation, how would I help those sorrowful folks who’ve felt equally marginalized?
- If not for the virtual silencing of my voice, how could I advocate for my circles to speak their truth?
- If not for knowing the depths of despair, how would I inspire people around the world to absolutely know their lives make a difference?
- I will never deny my youth was anything less than a nightmare. Going forward, the ultimate victory will be judged at my passing.
Now – it seems no matter where I go my unflinching crusade for everyone’s right to connect to their unique mission on Earth accompanies me. Like I was a personal-growth Joan of Arc!
It’s true. I often feel like a mother tigress fiercely protective of her cubs. I will stop at nothing to devote my unwavering strength and tenderness toward those who yearn to unfold into Who They Really Are. That’s because my Authentic Self was so often squashed while growing up.
In fact, if I could count the times people express some version of “you are one courageous woman”, I’d be a billionaire! I am bold and adventuresome where others dare not even tread.
Yes, my staunch advocacy for people to bask in their fullest brilliance often sees me misunderstood. Of course, I must admit to enjoying the paradoxical nature of my temperament! Unconventional. Rebellious. A maverick – and proud of it!
Once comfortable, you’ll get to see my joyful playfulness and gleeful sense of humor. Lucky you when this happens! Believe me. It is a mark of respect and trust.
While often venting with cherished friends about being ahead of my time, I can also say I wouldn’t trade this lifetime for anything.
Every day, I strive to live up to my middle name, Patricia. It denotes the graciousness and nobility of carriage I seek to embody while continuing as a “work in progress” to surmount my chosen lessons across 112 planned years on Earth. (That means another 60 at the least to go!!)
By the time my own transition arrives, I pray humanity the world over will have reclaimed their inner magnificence. That’s why my life is dedicated to enthusing you to set free your total power. Evidenced by my personal credo: Encouraging Your Greatness!